180

Just watched the Iron Chef 2000 special. Nifty.

Tomorrow they replay the Morimoto/Flay match, when Flay got (apropriately) spanked.

IC3 should be cool. I’m betting on Morimoto again, because I loath Bobby Flay. We’re hoping to see him get spanked again.

Am I the only one who dislikes Flay that much? Why does such a git have so much air-time on Food network anyway?

Off to bed.

10 Responses to 180

1. badger says:

No, Bobby Flay is the only thing on the Food Network that makes her change the channel if she has it on in the background. She’s betting it’s staged and Flay will win, but she wants to see Flay flayed Sunday. We’re sort of cranky over scheduling, though: the Flay vs. Morimoto rematch is opposite both the Sex & the City 3rd season premiere and the premiere of the new HBO series _Six Feet Under_.

2. detritus says:

I too would like to see flay get bitch slapped.

Sounds like you either need to wander over to Best Buy & get a TiVo or get a second TV/Cable Box for the office *grin*

I’m probably going to tape it, because it interferes with Ray’s bedtime, and I’ll miss the first half-hour to an hour just getting him settled in.

4. badger says:

The office has a cable connection?

Sorry, shoudl ahve been more specific – *YOUR* office – as in the one in the back of your apt.

My inacuracy, sorry.

6. badger says:

Hmm, I think I can rig my spare VCR in parallel. Might have enough cables. Might need to get some. Should take a look soon I suppose.

I’m definately going to tape it, if you happen to miss it, becuase I *KNOW* I’m probably going to miss the first 1/2 hour or so.

If I could justify the $600, I’d be all over the DirecTV/Tivo Combo box.

Hmmm. I wonder where the Best Buy recipts for these boxes are *grin* I wonder when the next lightning storm is due…

8. badger says:

She just convinced me to buy a 30hour Tivo (Now! was having a sale, and I had to swap a $200 Monster Cable multiplug surge suppressor so I was in the sotre anyway – lifetime warranties like Monster has on their stuff rock, by the way: it was “Hi there, this one’s dead” and “Yes sir, here’s another one”.). No Tivo service, just the box. Have to wire it up with the cable splitter now.

Lifetime warrenties rock. That’s another reason I buy APC instead of the no-name brand UPSes.

Oh, and about the TiVo :

1) You suck
    2) How much do they run without the service these days?

10. badger says:

APC for computers, Monster for A/V rigs. Only way I bother.
    The Sony 30hr Tivo was $399, but we got 10% off (open-box: some guy came in to buy it for a pay-per-view event and returned it the next day. The store may not like it, but there’s nothing they could do). I haven’t checked to see if they wiped the disk yet :), but I did just finish the setup process. Tomorrow I test the “can I record on one channel while watching another” capability which is the whole point of the exercise.