My Head Hurts

First up Happy B-Day to

next up, if I Ever find the sumbitch that designed the node scheme for the XML DOM, I’m going to kick him in the nads. Repeatedly. This has to be one of the most convoluted interfaces there is.

Lots of parsers to read XML, but only one standard to create an XML document. Argh.

8 Responses to My Head Hurts

1. revbones says:

Thanks!

I’m not the biggest fan of it myself…. Haven’t used it extensively though.

2. ryeth says:

Thanks for the passed on “hello” through Badger. That was a nice little surprise. Think we’ll ever get you out to the club? Consider it a baby break? Ha!

It’s Evil. Very, very, Evil.

They didn’t address things like oh, creating a document from scratch programatically, and have yet to address rendering as a plain string…

Maybe someday, but the hour-one way is a bit duanting, especially on a Monday night.

Although I have considered it once or twice…

5. ryeth says:

You don’t live much further then I do! I have a 45 minute drive :) Hehe… I just figured I’d ask since that seems to be an LJ meeting place these days.

Well, I’m not sure where the club *IS* exactly. I know it’s about 60 mins one way to where the Five-0 used to be, and I think Legends isn’t too far form there.

Of course, half of that is getting to Cary,a nd the rest through it. *grin*

7. ryeth says:

Nah, you just skirt around the edge on 64. Avoid the evils of going “through” Cary! :)

Except for that mess at the 64/1 Interchange. I can’t seem to get to US1 without hitting every light between Apex and Macgregor. I *HATE* driving through htere,and only found it tollerable after midnight.

And even then I hit every light going from MacGregor to Apex. That’s even more a hassle than stopping at the Jordan Lake lights when nobody’s comming *grin*.