476

Guess who forgot, in all this other ruckus to renew his domain?

Everyone hope that my last second payment to my registrar gets there before they turn me off. But it’s for five years, so I don’t have to dork with this again until 2007.

Other than that, today has been Laundry, Raymond, Playstation, Cryptonomicon, and this :

Chili

Of course, we didn’t eat it today. Oh no. It must sit, overnight, in the fridge, and cook for about 6-8 more hours before it will be done. Good Chili isn’t done until it’s reheated at least once. Sometimes the best Chili isn’t done until it’s sat in the fridge for about a week, but I don’t feel like waiting that long.

6 Responses to 476

1. detritus says:

You make chili like koreans make kim chee.

I bury the chili in the backyard for a couple of weeks.. It’s pretty good by then.

Uh yeah. If you’ve ever been to Ray’s Elbow Room in RTP, you can see this principle in action. At least when I worked in the park a few years back. if oyu wanted it good, you got it on about Wednesday, when it had been simmering since Monday morning. Byt Friday it was too late, and getting crusty. Ewww.

Anyway, I have my special bag of Chili powder I only use for big-ass pots of the stuff. Direct from New Mexico….

3. ryeth says:

I’m sure it will taste wonderful – but a close up picture just looks very unappetising. Ugh. :)

4. ryeth says:

Hmm… that didn’t sound nice. I didn’t mean it badly. Just that chili didn’t look appetizing to me, probably because I haven’t been very hungry today. :)

No, in all fairness, chili doesn’t look at that apetizing unless you’ve got the smell to back it up – and a better camera than I do.

Renee is already thingking about a new camera (and a scanner) so that might not be a problem next time….

6. ryeth says:

Ok, next time post a scratch & sniff picture (well, as long as it’s a picture of yummy food…) :)