What the vet said

If Damien doesn’t have the surgery, he’ll be dead inside a month from the inability to eat.

There’s a 1 in 3 chance he’ll die on the table
There’s a 1 in 3 chance he’ll survive the surgery, but that the anesthetic will be too hard on his system, and he’ll die within the next few days
There’s a 1 in 3 chance he’ll make a full recovery.

Tomorrow morning we’ll take him in for his surgery, and hopefully bring him home tomorrow night.

On my birthday I get a staff meeting, a support pre-plan meeting, and to take the cat in for surgery.

I hate 31 already.

9 Responses to What the vet said

1. catherine says:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope he pulls through!!!!!!!

Oh, I’ll be sure to talk about it tomorrow. *grin*

It’s even more important than my Visor *smirk*

3. catherine says:

MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR VISOR??? NOOOOOOOOOO *smirk*

My cats, for all intents and purposes, were my children until Ray was born. They still are, but require less attention than the human ones *grin*

I can learn to live without my visor/palm, but living without my cats is more than I want to think about.

5. catherine says:

I know EXACTLY where you’re coming from. I can’t bear the thought of anything happening to Whiskey or Brandy!

Well, if he survives, you can come see the PS2, the Visor *AND* the cats.

Oh, and the kids, too. *grin*

7. catherine says:

Deal.

8. ryeth says:

I’m really sorry to hear that. I worked at a vet hospital for a year – much of my time was spent assisting surgeries. They will do everything possible – they don’t want to loose your furry friend either. Considering his chances without it, it only makes sense to try. Let us how it goes. My thoughts are with you.

9. blondie2 says:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you