You could cheat

I made Paella tonight. before we do this again, I need to find out what the Spanish words for “mild chorizo”. That way, Renee can have more than about 1/2 a serving.

Ray was pretty good tonight, but Jacob has started being extra grumpy, as is his wont, around 8.

Other than that, today went well – I *FINALLY* got the DB/2 download I needed, and discovered that, lo and behold! it works on windows, and shits itself on Linux. Great. When I have a spare week, I’ll debug the problem and send it to their support folks.

DB/2 is typically less painful than oracle, but not this time.

OK, off to investigate Windows Data wipe programs.

9 Responses to You could cheat

1. cordett says:

My sister made me Paella once. It was soooooooooooo good!

This was really good, but the chorizo was too hot for Renee. So I have to find a mild version for next time.

3. wander says:

You may have to travel a little but if you can find one of the old kind of butcher shops, either they can make it for you or know where you can get it in whatever form you want. I used to work for a custom butcher up in Northern Virginia and we had Hispanic customers that came in for chorizo all the time so we made it to order. You could also go the route of buyin chorizo spices and mixing your own sausage, That way, when you find the right mixture, you can duplicate it anytime you want.

Wander

4. wander says:

Here is a recipe I’ve used before with good success:

I have many pounds of homemade ground chili and also the dried chilis, if you want, I can send you soem free of charge. We usually make our from venison but the pork sausage is good too.

Wander

5. ex_redsonja442 says:

and use Jimmy Dean! *ducks flying tomatoes*

There is a very good butcher about 10 miles down the road. I might have to give them a try.

7. wander says:

GREAT. My neighbor runs a country butcher shop. Just gotta love the taste of REAL meat.

Wander

I’ve got a passle if ground red chile from a cousin in NM. I might take you up on the others, though *grin*

9. wander says:

Just email me an address if you want some. [email protected]

Two otehr friends and I grow about 15 varieties of chillis every year. We have over 150 plants so on a daily basis in July, we literally harvest pounds of them each day. Most of them we dry and then grind together to make some really interesting chili powders which we then sell at roadside produce stands.

Wander