The interview this morning went well. OK, parts went well, parts went OK, and some parts were painful – typical, right? I interviewed with the whole team of people I’d be working with, then with the director for the group, then with another manager. The last two were the easy ones.
Much discomfort at the office afterwords, because I get the feeling I’m going to get an offer on this one. I need to sit down and explain things to J, I think, rather than just handing in my resignation. On the other hand, if I do that, will it impact my continued employment later if this one doesn’t pan out? I don’t know.
I do know that the job I just interviewed for will be challenging, stable, has great benefits (that don’t cause me to have to cut back on food consumption to pay for), and will pay me on time. On the other end, it’s in a real time medical environment. A bug could cause some one to die. Really. And I’d be on call day & night, in case that bug crops up.
But I’d be making more money, and could pay my bills on time….but (excepting the last 5 months) wZ has been the best situation I’ve had to date. Assuming J could match this offer, I’d stay.
Well assuming he could pay me on time – the ball-busters right now are the out-of-pocket expenses for Renee & the boys, and the fact that paychecks are now irregular (it’s like being constipated – you know it’s coming, but you don’t know when, and it’s really uncomfortable waiting). And I feel like the right thing to do is to tell him I’ve got to look, so that he isn’t caught with his pants down when I resign. OTOH, there’s a chance that if I tell him I’m looking to move on, he’ll accelerate that move – to the ESC and Unemployment. And that move is really bad for everyone involved – except him.
Moral dilemmas suck.