Crosspost from hockey community

Boo Ya. – Canes win 2-0.

Glad I bought that #80 jersey.

Didn’t see the O’Neil hit, will make my call after I see the replays. I sit diagonally opposite where the penally happened, and I didn’t get a good view. Anyway, i was paying attention to the other three that the refs missed.

ESA Rocked tonight.

14 Responses to Crosspost from hockey community

1. dtamayob says:

Went to the game with , her hubby and our friend Bob. Nothing short of AMAZING. Sucks that Jeff got sacked after only a couple minutes, but it didn’t slow our canes down any.

My sympathies to the Montreal fans. They got spanked.

Yeah, I expect us to score much earlier in game 2 than we did in game 1.

Weekes is the man. Even if Archie didn’t look exceptionally happy about it when he told Weekes so on the ice afterwards.

It was a great game – so good, I even high-fived Stormy before he went on the ice at the end. I didn’t abuse him once last night.

Something must be wrong with me *grin*

Oh, and did you hear Jeff’s comments after the game about JS being put in his slot? “He did so good, Maybe they won’t want me back.”

Followed by something akin to “Not Likely”

3. catherine says:

Spanked? You call a 2-0 loss “spanked”????

No, they were beaten by the Canes. Not spanked.

Enjoy this short little victory while it lasts. :P

I agree. That wasn’t a spanking. A spanking is what Jersey did to us in Round 1 – 4-0.

On the other Hand, Montreal took some lumps. That probably won’t help in Round 2. I was telling my dad that it looked like we had played all season to beat the Devils in Round 1. And unless there are some surprises, there’s not much left in the East that can handle the ‘Canes right now.

And since it’s the playoffs, there are always surprises. Like #8 Montreal making it to round two. And there’s still the winner of the Toronto/Ottowa series to face in round three for either team.

Better illustration of a spanking in hockey – tonight’s 8-2 win by Colorado.

Sure, they could have stopped at 4…but why?

6. dtamayob says:

I wish I could be at the game this evening…but it’s kid weekend, and I was lucky to get out on Friday. The Canes had better keep this going so I can see another one.

I know. I’m splitting the playoffs, so I’m missing tonight.

But I’ll be happy if we only go four games, TYVM – round three is more important to me than game 5 *grin*

if you talk to JO, tell him I loved his quote in the paper this morning…

8. dtamayob says:

The Ultimate Fighting Challenge comment? heh heh He’s hilarious and smart, for a hockey player, but you really have to listen. He often just comes across as gruff, but it’s because he’s never been big on kissing the media’s or fans’ asses.

He must be HATING the fact that young Jaro has been doing so well, well enough that he comfortably fit into his spot. The guy just got pulled back up right before playoffs, and he’s been holding his own. Also noticed he’s been doing quite well with the ladies…

That and the bit about how he got his clock cleaned a few seasons back by the same guy.

I think JO is doing better with the media & fans this season – he sounded OK in the interview after the game. And he does seem to ahve some of the brians that Francis and Brind’amoure posess.

And if you missed it, he did make a smartass comment about how well Jaro did on Friday after the game. On the other hand, he knows that Jaro isn’t a permanent repalcement – unless Jeff continues to not produce.

And the ladies thing? I think David T. has a bigger local female folowing than either Jeff or Jaro….

10. dtamayob says:

Well, Jaro’s single, which makes him a bit more approachable. Smooth talker too, despite the accent. He and Joe have gotten almost as bad as BB in the nightlife scene, always a new gaggle of girlies flittering around them. Ahh, the life of a young professional athlete…

You and Renee should go out with us one night and see what I mean. It still amazes me how all these guys can party like rock stars (oops, I mean HOCKEY stars), consume GALLONS of alcohol, and then still play so well. I have three drinks, and I’m fuzzy for days.

That’s funny.

I’d love to go, and I’m sure Renee would too (if for no other reason than to get out of the house), except who’s going to feed Jacob? He *HATES* formula, and has this bad habit of drinking all the pumped stuff within the first hour after Renee leaves….

Now if you have a baby-sitter/wet nurse, I’ll talk to her about it *grin*

Oh, and before I forget – we’re not really bar people any more *grin*. We’ve devolved to beer/wine over a backyard bbq.

I can tach those boys some things about cooking a good steak now….

13. dtamayob says:

I’m sure you could! If it wasn’t for Sullivan’s and BB’s dad, I doubt any of those guys would ever eat.

*sigh* I can remember the days of being married, with new kids, and enjoying sipping a glass of wine while barbequeing. Would have been relaxing and cozy had I not hated my husband so much.

Mr. B is still down here? I gues she changed seats then, because I used to be able to look at him from my seats and tell wether or not Bates was playing OK *grin*.

We don’t relax over that much wine. Not as much as we’d like, anyway.

And AFAIK, she doesn’t hate me. If she does, I need a wake-up call…