About all those web quizes….

Mostly for , but everyone should read this. I think it sums up my feelings perfectly. Headers sanitized for his protection, used with permission :

From: Phil Lee Subject: Web Poll Mania
Date: 14 Mar 2002 17:19:16 -0500

It just became clear to me in a vision that it is my dream, my duty, in
fact, my destiny to write up endless web quizes and post them all over the
net. There just aren’t enough of the cute lil’ things out there. For
years I’ve ached to find a properly creative use for radio buttons, and
here it is!

Millions will adore me. My website will get hits like I’d posted the link
to Bill Gates/Pamela Anderson sex videos to Slashdot. Everyone and their
cousin will forward me across endless mailing lists, making sure that
everyone from cypherpunk hipsters to 40-something secretaries will be able
to enjoy my wit, my wisdom, and my astounding insight. LiveJournal will
establish a webshrine in my honor.

I’ve got a million ideas for these quizes, too. “Which U.S. coin am I?”
“Which variety of paperclip am I?” “Which circa-1973 4th grade math
textbook am I?” I know that a legion of bored web-browsers are dying to
know if they’re a buffalo nickel, a Susan B. Anthony, or merely a lowly
penny.

Besides, my keen insight into human nature can’t help but provide an
amazingly accurate conclusion. Just imagine yourself enjoying the

“Okay, let’s see. I’d prefer to own a Pinto…I prefer vertical stripes
to horizontal…I prefer military time…the Atari ST could kick the
Amiga’s ass…and my favorite department store is Penny’s. And the
results are: ‘You are shy, yet outgoing. You have at least one ridge that
makes a 360 degree circle in your print. Your fingerprint pattern is: the
Whorl.’ Wow! I can’t wait to tell all my friends!”

Impressive as all hell, ain’t it? I know that I’m personally dying to be
able to properly label myself in such a manner. And here I always thought
of myself as more of an arch or a loop.

In fact, my scientificly determined, yet oustandingly clever, questioning
technique has been refined to the point where I need only ask a single
question to properly classify someone! I’m proud to be able to share the
results of my research for you today.

***

Please pick one of the following

I am:

__ Sleepy
__ Happy
__ Bashful
__ Dopey
__ Grumpy
__ Sneezy
__ Doc

***

And that’s just for my “What sex toy am I?” quiz! I know you’re all
impatient for the results, but you’ll just have to wait until I get the
full quiz setup on line. In the meantime, I’m sure you’ll all be able to
entertain yourselves with other, lesser online quizes.

Phil “I’m not really as crabby as I sound. Honest.” Lee

12 Responses to About all those web quizes….

1. ex_dragonfly63 says:

LOL!

I Love Phil. End of story!
    (And I hope to see him on staff this weekend at Animazement!)

Yeah, me too. I forget what he’s going to be doing, but did say on COUp he might sneak out durring cosplay for AotC.

Where will you be working this weekend? Renee’s already scheduling her trip through the dealer’s room at opening on Friday, and I’ll most likely be in a video room unless there’s something more interesting going on (or if I’ve got Jacob. Yes, my littlest monkey will be with us *sigh*)

3. ex_dragonfly63 says:

Matt and I will be running around Animazement, staffing whatever needs staffing at that particular moment. I often spend time acting as a go-fer, or doing volunteer reg in the con ops rooms. I have no clue where I’ll be, but I’ll be looking out for you! :)

4. agrajag says:

/me starts singing ‘Its a small world after all’

Its freaky when someone I know starts talking about someone else that I know from a completely different place.

And I’ll probablly also see him at Animazement like the rest of you :P

5. moonfl0wer says:

er. does everyone in the universe know phil? is he stil around? wow–i don’t think i’ve seen him in like 8 years…

Aparently. I think there are “nexus” people in this area. Badger, Phil, Joey…people that seemingly know everyone. I *THINK* I used to be one, but since I dropped into obscurity (and family life) a lot of my old links are just that – old. *grin*

7. akiko says:

Dude, you know Phil? And this guy?

Small world. ^_^

8. ex_dragonfly63 says:

It’s funny… I know them both from the same period of time, too… around 1993-1995. I had no idea how popular Phil was, but then again, I’m not too surprised!

9. akiko says:

Well, he’s still involved in UNC’s anime club and in TAAS, and on AZ staff … and he is our supplier of old school shoujo weirdness, like Brother, Dear Brother. I know him through UNC. I’ve only been down here 3 years or so now, though.

This reminds me of something I meant to say to you after the con:

Did you make ythe Glock Cookies? I *MUST* have that recipie. *MUST*

Pecans and Chocolate chunks…my gods, heaven.

And yes, everyone knows Phil. Everyone. And now, to send him email *grin*

11. akiko says:

I did make some of the cookies, but I can’t take credit for the chocolate chip-pecan ones. Ed made those. I made the oatmeal raisin and the plain chocolate chip ones. We’ll probably be doing it again next year, since they went over so well ^_^ We made like $75 on them.

12. rowena_zane says:

God…
    He’s like an epidemic…
    How do YOU know Phil?

I think we should exploit this:
    Phil merchandise.