LUG drama

One member feels that he has to save face ’cause I called him on a comment he really shouldn’t have made. I personally could give a shit, but I do agree that I shouldn’t have called him on it publicly. I’ll admit to making an error in judgment, but he never will.

That “face” and reputation thing again. I stake my rep on my actions, my ability to get along with other people, and know what to say when. I suppose there’s a maturity issue here somewhere, and probably some deeper issues.

So once again I have to smooth ruffled feathers, take the time to explain where I’m coming from, and act as peacemaker, since compromise isn’t part of this person’s vocabulary.

So, yeah, my fears from May are basically coming true. And who will adapt to the situation? Three guesses, and the first two don’t count.

And if this becomes a monthly event, I’ll probably resign in disgust by December. As it is, May ’03 looks a lot further away than it did yesterday…

8 Responses to LUG drama

1. detritus says:

I had to go back and look at the archives since I pretty much wiped that thread. What a tool.

Someday I plan on opening up the steering archives. You should see the followup discussion in there, versus the few messages you got on the main list. Shit, he even comes out and says that he has to save face, because he stakes his reputation and his job on not taking shit from anyone. *sigh*

Gonna be a long year….

3. detritus says:

geebus.

feel free to send me teh tar archive. :)

I really think Sinner would have been a better addition to the SC. but what do *I* know.

4. aklikins says:

ugh. Sounds like a pain.

I’d dumped trilug in a second if theres that much
    politics involved. Theres always NCSU Lug and Duke
    Lug.

5. badger says:

And the guy who can’t admit he’s wrong is absolutely not the guy I trust with anything important. He’s already made sure before I read this that if I have any influence and we need someone like him, we’ll get someone like him, but someone good instead. °

6. spot says:

I second. NCSULug might not be as big, but I’ll be damned if we don’t have that much political bullshit.

I have enough of that at work. ;)

I dunno. The problem with breaking into [email protected] is that y’all are a much tighter group, and do a lot more socially. I’m sure that helps, as y’all don’t ahve to re-learn how to work with each other every 6 months.

On the plus side, it would give me an shortcut to a job inside the ‘Hat, which would rock. *grin*

8. flavor says:

this is beyond unprofessional of me to say, but…

But I am FUCKING GLAD I decided not to hire that bitch.

What a fscking tool *sigh*