Warning

So, how much will CarMax give me for the truck, and what can I pick up to replace it for under $1000?

My in-laws will be back tomorrow. Maybe they have a vehicle I can borrow/rent for a few months.

the sad part is, the only thing keeping me from selling the truck right now is the fact that anything I get to replace it will be a POS, and won’t have a CD player.

And the CD player is the critical part. I can live with a POS…..

7 Responses to Warning

1. flavor says:

fwiw the sony carman thingy with the tape-deck adapter surprised me with how good the quality was (basically, i was still bottlenecked on the speakers). just a thought

2. badger says:

Bad plan, I’d say, if the truck is generally reliable. Buying a POS cheap on the way into winter means you’ll likely end up spending more on repairs than you get from the truck sale.

I’m aware of the repair cost issue. But I’d rather have to fix a car later than default on my mortgage in two weeks.

4. ex_redsonja442 says:

Check the blue book value on your truck and don’t let Carmax rip you off! A friend of mine tried to trade in a Jetta there and they wanted to give him less than half of blue book value!

Sweet. If I get stuck without, I’ll know what to get (when we have extra $$ to do that)

According to Kelly’s Blue Book (online) My druck has lost half it’s original value (based on purchase price and KBB at the time) since I bought it. If they want half that, it’s still 2 or months’ mortgage with some leftover for a replacement.

I know how they keep their prices low….I just wish I could get ore than half the purchase price out of it…

7. ex_redsonja442 says:

Advertise in the Independent? I got a used car like that several years ago. Or if no $ for ads, put up flyers around town (and the C.H. campus). There’s a bulletin board in Visart, and the rightmost window of the Cat’s Cradle is allowed for advertising. Student Union at UNC, of course. Kiosks on Franklin St. Post for-sale notice on the RTSFS email list. Post on apartment bulletin boards if allowed.

My toyota is eleven years old. I probably couldn’t get fifty bucks for it! *sigh* and the acceleration sucks and it stalls…I have to get it to the mechanic ASA-f*ckin’-P! Oh to have Keith’s bike working again, needs clutch fixed, new tires, and polish off rust. I mean…you don’t let your bike rust, that’s a disgrace. It’s just plain immoral to neglect a motorcycle. I tried to explain that to him. Also I need new bike gloves…mine had an unfortunate accident with a cigarette. /bitchmoanwhine

I hope you can get decent $ for your truck. I hate places that take ppl to the cleaners!