928

To-do with what remains of today :

1. catch up on bills
  2. find GDK.py and libglade.py for (null)
  3. listen to Japan Air CD
  4. Play!

6 Responses to 928

1. katzj says:

import gtk.gdk
    import gtk.glade

Thanks. Got any hints as to where gnome.help might be hiding?

Looks like the cisco vpn stuff is going to need more than just some extra packages for (null). *sigh*

3. katzj says:

gnome.help no longer exists in GNOME2 iirc.

As to the VPN stuff, no, the Cisco crap is very unhappy with our current kernels. There’s Geoff Keating’s userspace stuff (http://people.redhat.com/~geoffk/vpnc) which worked reasonably well when I played with it. I just happily continue to use cipe, but I don’t think they’re giving out new cipe keys anymore :(

yeah, I knew about the cipe keys – the cisco stuff is much more secure, ut if it hates the kernels, there’s not much hope for it right now. Bleck.

Time to get an ssh tunnel set up, then *grin*

5. katzj says:

I’m not convinced the Cisco stuff is more secure. Have you read the source to it? ;-)

Some of the things I’ve read about the Cisco client doing just haven’t made me feel warm fuzzies, but then again, I haven’t actually used it, so I probably shouldn’t judge it.

*grumble* Damn binary objects in a Source RPM.

Computer: “This was compiled with gcc 2, and it won’t work”
    Me: “the hell it was, I just rebuilt the SRPM with…oh….damn proprietary bat-fuckers.”