951

I want two phrases translated to kanji, and cannot find the right link to the good online dictionary.

Anyone have any pointers?

9 Responses to 951

1. ryeth says:

A good *reputive* tattoo shop ususally has a good translation dictionary. But only go to someone with a good reputation – and check it against another source if it is important for it to be accurate. Or you could possibly go to a university library. I had mine (in my tattoos) made, my pen-pal in Malaysia did the translations for me. But regrettably I have not heard from her in over a year now :( Otherwise I’d ask her to do it for you….

Unfortunately, the one word is rather complex, and of all the different dictionaries, only *TWO* had it listed. I had it written down, and lost the slip of paper. *grr*

The other is actually a sentance, so may be a little trickier.

And yes, they are for tattoos, I hope. Two of the three I ahve in my head now. The third is still “under construction”….

3. ryeth says:

I can’t wait to see them! I’m an excellent hand holder (and shit giver to be honest) if you need someone to go with for your artwork. If I can get free I will come along :)

So are you revealing what the design is like? Or is it all a surprise to us…

On the right shoulder I’m going to put “aclhemist” in kanji as I had planned for my 30th birthday. I’ll probably do it on my 32nd bithday, as the money will be better by then.

The second I’m debating between putting on my right hip or left shoulder – and that one I need a clean translation of before I decide on a final spot.

The third I’m considering putting over my heart, or on my left shoulder, if put the second on my hip. That’s the one to represent my boys, and the design is mostly conceptual right now.

I’ll probably need a hand-hold, or at least moral support, although it’s all a pipe-dream until we’ve recovered, you know? *grin*

Wow, I just realized, I’m *NOT* the only person awake right now!

5. ryeth says:

Hehe…. Well, if LJ is still up and kickin’ and we’re still keeping up with each other’s lives when you are ready to go for one of those tattoos – I’m sure I’d still love to go! Even if it is a year or 2 off. :)

6. moonfl0wer says:

decent online dictionaries are tough to find. i *might* be able to help you out, or find someone to…?

7. akiko says:

My favorite online kanjidictionary is Jim Breen’s. (Google search for “jim breen” and it’ll comne right up.)

I had actually already tried that one, with no luck. Babelfish is actually giving me semi-sane results (as in, it matches one or more other online lookups) right now.

9. akiko says:

I’ve had reasonable success there. There have been kanji in doujinshi that I couldn’t find at all (like the title of my Tekken dj, for one), but without going and buying the Green Kanji Dictionary of Doom ™, I’ll take what I can get.