Annother day, Annother dollar

SO here I am. Our usual Monday meeting had what had to be the silliest lunch yet – salads. No shit, Rudino’s take-out salads. I used that as an appetizer, and ordered in two NY dogs from the Conney Island place.

left early, so it was just me holding down the fort. Did he miss anything? No. Did I make one mistake? Yes. But only one, and it was easily corrected.

So now I’m scarfing down my heat&eat, having made all my go moves for the day.

Time to go home soon.

7 Responses to Annother day, Annother dollar

1. spot says:

Yes, that lunch was absurd. The chicken salads looked somewhat edible, but I knew I wasn’t going to get one, so I didn’t even get up.

I didn’t end up eating lunch until 4:00. Hell of a story, I’ll tell you tomorrow.

2. deviant_ says:

MMMMMmmmmm, Cloo’s.

3. beccaj says:

So you’re telling me that all they gave you for lunch were those crappy little Rudino’s salads that we get for training participants? At least we supplement the trainees’ meals with massive quantities of pizza.

Then again, you can consider yourself lucky. Whenever Mr.X (certain individual whose name shall not be disclosed on LJ) calls a “lunch meeting” within my dept., we don’t get food. We just have to miss lunch or raid the training stuff too early. But I won’t go into that…

Yeah, those are the ones. LAME. I’ll take massive quaitities of pizza with them any day.

We’re sales, and sales aparently loves a free lunch. Mondays and Thursdays, at the very least….

5. beccaj says:

Those salads wouldn’t be enough to provide substance for my 7.3 pound dog for an hour. It’s super duper lame that they expected that to serve as a proper lunch for you guys.

Yeah, that was kinda my thought, too. We need variety (not just pizza Monday, subs Thursday) up here.

Something…different.

7. beccaj says:

You might like Trin’bago. They are our Trinidadian food caterer. If you want to see what we have them bring in, check out the training breakroom around 12 or so. No scavenging until after 1pm!! *wink*

We also use a place called Triangle Catering for parties of 10+. They are pretty good. I like fajita day.