note to self

never go to a hockey game when the state fair is on . it took me longer to get home than it did to get to, and watch, the game, and that included overtime.

And I noticed and in the company box. Hope y’all had better luck with traffic than I did.

Let’s see – birthday party for my father-in-law today. I think that’s it. Next weekend we’re thinking about trying to make chocolate covered cherries. Should be interesting….

6 Responses to note to self

1. dtamayob says:

It took us an hour and a half to get to the game, so we left early — with 8 minutes left in the third period — and watched the rest from Sullivan’s. We were upset that it went into overtime and we weren’t there, but we knew we’d be much more upset had we stayed and wasted the rest of our night in traffic.

Most of the team was out last night, and totally bummed. They know things have to pick up, and quick, and a mere tie didn’t do much for morale.

2. deviant_ says:

We had bigger problems getting in than out. There were some serious office space parallels going in — including the couple walking down the side of I40 in a not-very-straight path who were making significantly better time than we did.

Also, I’m quite unimpressed with the VIP parking. It’s nice once you’re there, but it takes much longer to get to than most normal parking spaces. It seems that ideally you’d want the VIP parking to be a park-and-ride lot as far from the arena as possible, and have a dedicated tram path or somesuch for it. Oh well.

The game was at least pretty good, I thought. Too bad we didn’t win.

Ain’t that the truth. At least Weekes is playing well, although he’s and Archie can only do so much to kepe a team afloat.

it’s gotta break soon. Gotta. I can only take so much shit from jersey fans – next one calls them the “candyCanes” and I’ll hit him.

Actually, on normal game nights there’s a dedicated lane to/from VIP parking, and it’s a *LOT* nicer. Fair traffic fucked things up pretty royally.

As to the game, I’ll accept a tie. A tie is still a point, and at the end of the season, points are what counts.

But a win would have been nice.

5. dtamayob says:

We’re all keeping our fingers…and toes…and legs…and eyes crossed for that.

Think it’s gonna happen?

Yeah, it’ll happen. Muy only worry is it’ll happen too late, and we’ll be hot at the end of the season, and too many points behind to make the playoffs. The only other concern I have is that we’ll pick up, and then hit annother slump in say, March, when it *REALLY* matters.

At least this is typical for Archie – he *ALWAYS* starts slow. You can see it on his face durring games that it’s killing him, but he was number 2 last year until Barasso was traded mid season. At least we have someone solid in net until Archie picks up.