Re:

I wonder if my expectations are set too high. I mean, perhaps my mood would improve if I just expected the worst, and then I could be pleasantly surprised when I’m wrong.

Got home from work last night at about 7:30 and Jacob was already asleep. The stove was still on slightly, and the frozen beans were on the counter. Ate my dinner, had popcorn with Ray and Renee. She and Jacob went to bed around 8:30, Ray went at 9, and I went at 9:45 or so, after doing the dishes, some laundry, and feeding the cat. heck, I checked my email, rad LJ, and was *BORED*. Didn’t even feel like watching TV.

I took out some of my disappointment out on Renee when she went to bed – I was *HOPING* I’d get to spend more than 15 mins with Jacob yesterday (that would be how long I got before I left for work in the morning), and maybe spend some time with Renee when she wasn’t snoring. That totally wasn’t fair, but it was obvious from the moment I got home and had to finish cleaning up after their dinner that last night was gonna suck. And it’s mostly my own fault, because I walked in the door thinking what a great day I had had, and how nice it’ll be to have a good evening.

Tonight I expect there to be no attempt at post-dinner cleanup. I expect her to be playing her game. I expect Jacob will be a fusspot, and Ray will want to monopolize my time. I should expect that, because 4 out of 5 nights that’s what happens.

Yeah, I’m hitting a long winter funk. Strangely, it’s better when I’m not at home. And when I am here, little things just irritate the fuck out of me. I can’t wait to go to work. And then I can’t wait to get home.

Blarg.

12 Responses to Re:

1. beccaj says:

>Yeah, I’m hitting a long winter funk.

You sure are! Don’t come back by my cube until you’ve had a nice long spring shower.

jk. I have your ROD with me. Tx again for letting me see it.

2. soniclibra says:

“after doing the dishes, some laundry, and feeding the cat.”

wow.. you mean you do that stuff? My husband would freak if he worked all day then thought he had to do anything else hehe

Trade you for my Spirited Away DVD – I’ll drop by post-Kerioki (no, I am *NOT* singing)

yeah. I figure either I do it, or I don’t have clothes to wear to work or towerls to use in the shower, can’t fill the coffee maker without moving dirty dishes out of the sink, and listen to the cat complain all night.

And since he’s my cat, I’m kinda duty bound to feed him. Kinda like my goldfish and my betta. *grin*

Trust me, I do lots of things that most working husbands with stay-at-home spouses would freak over….

5. beccaj says:

You know they’re serving alcohol, right? I just saw Karen/Sebastian/Alex setting up the margarita tanks.

6. soniclibra says:

you must be a good guy for sure to put up with that.. unless of course the wife is sick or something..

((big hugs)) :)

Is that for the people singing or the people who have to listen? *grin*

No, I’m just anal retentive. I’m *TRYING* to relax about some things, but the landry and the dishes are killing me. I don’t give a shit if the bathroom hasn’t been top-down scrubbed in three weeks, but for gods sake, if the sink is full of dishes, wash something, and if the laundry is overflowing the basket, run a load.

9. beccaj says:

Depends upon whether I get up there or not! Y’all would definitely need the insulation of alcohol for that show.

I probably can’t make it, though. I am chained to my desk today.

You’ve obviously not heard me sing.

We should start a grunge band. Doesn’t matter if you can sing in a grunge band….

11. beccaj says:

because if we started a punk band, I could sing AND play. It doesn’t matter if your gee-tar is out of tune in punk music. It’s just power chords and distortion.

Tx for the movie, by the way! You retrieved ROD, right?

Hell yeah. I’m with you on that one. 7 Seconds can kiss my ass, dammit!

Great, now I have a mad craving for last-70’s/early-80’s punk rock. Poor Mechelle!