Flames, Flux, Final, and Fansubs

Final ‘Canes game of the season today. Had to leave early for some errands,, though. I needed new Chucks, as i think I mentioned earlier this week. Went to Journey’s at the mall, of course, and picked up my usual black pair. Then figured I should get a second pair, because one is never enough. Hmm. Maybe that pair I’ve had my eye on since they first came out…yes, the ones with Flames up the sides. Tried them on, and wore them home.

Then stopped bu Suncoast. I shouldn’t have, since their prices are higher, but, well, you know. Since I have the first few Fansubs of Chobits, I figured I should make it legal and buy the DVD. Plus Renee will watch a DVD over a VCD any day. 4 per disk, so by the 4th disk, I’ll have caught up with, and gone past, the fansubs I have. Chii!

Went to the game with Dad, we lost, big surprise. But it was actually a *REALLY* good game, aside from the score. Ended the way we started, which is OK – as long as next year isn’t a repeat.

Went to the in-laws’ for dinner, played there, and now am back home. I switched back to Fluxbox from the Red Hat Linux 9 standard Gnome, since it’s much lighter weight. I expect I’ll switch back at the office, too. I already did the laptop.

6 Responses to Flames, Flux, Final, and Fansubs

1. psychomagnet says:

Felt more than a little sentimental at the game, wishing there was more strength in the arena, wanting the guys to have a good send-off for the summer.

Good game, though. Wishing I was at Sullivan’s right now, chatting with Jeff and the guys, saying good-bye. It’s going to be so weird next year when they all arrive and 75% of the team is unrecognizable.

Yeah. I was glad to see Archie in net – he started it, he can finish it, I suppose. I feel the same way. but that just closes this season, and they can start working towards next season…and it was good to see Cole & Brindy & the rest of the walking wounded walk across the ice to hand off a jersey at the end of the game.

I figured you’d at least get a call or two form the boys before they left. Do *ANY* of them summer here, or are they all off to different palces? I expect the ones with kids in school might have to hang out for a few more weeks.

Next season will be interesting. Assuming it starts on time. Assuming the Union and Owners don’t fuck up next season the way the NBA and MLB have been fucked in the past.

The first big question, though, is Maurice….

3. agrajag says:

You obviously need more Chobits fansubs :)

Nah, what i really want is the manga. Now that it’s being released, I’ll actually buy legal copies fo the episodes.

Now, if only somojne would pick up Azumanga Daioh and Hikaru No Go, life would be perfect.

Although DVDs of Witch Hunter Robin wouldn’t hurt.

5. psychomagnet says:

It was a great game and a great experience for the kids, who could totally tell who the rookies were (the ones skating super fast, Mommy!) and who the seasoned guys were. We got our posters and they’re already studying them to see who’s who for next year.

I don’t know one player who actually likes Maurice, but no one’s targetted him yet for ousting that I’ve heard. After such a dismal season, and a couple encounters where team members ganged up to speak against him, finally *maybe* something will happen.

All the single players, especially the European ones, head home for the summer. Jeff’s boat house outside T.O. is finally finished, and even though he just bought this WHITE MANSION in Olde Raleigh, I think he’ll spend most his time there with Jen. Guessing he’ll come back engaged this time, with her in tow.

Bates is the only single guy who’ll stay, once the playoffs are over. He is very happy in Denver, and says the guys on the team there are different in a good way. His dad’s out there looking for real estate this week, but he might keep his downtown condo here after the summer if it looks like Anthony might make the Canes team any time soon.

I heard from some very reliable sources that the strike is planned for the END of next season. Perhaps that has been moved up, but the Canes employees have been planning this for some time.

I guess that means Brett and Kristi will be around Cary, as will Brindy, Francis and the rest of the settled w/kids crowd.

Wow. J.O. Engaged. I mean, who would have thought? And Bates. Man, I miss seeing bates on the ice. As long as he’s happy, though, and can play a good game.

Any word on where & when Weekes is getting his hand fixed? One of my co-workers wants to know where to send the flowers & get well cards.

As to the strike stuff…you would think that, *KNOWING* when it’s going to run out, *KNOWING* it’s going to mean changes, you’d start drafting things now. I mean, get to the table a good month or two before things wear out, and work towards a good agreement before things get ugly. because in the end, nobody really wins, the fans get shafted, and the sport suffers. Happened to baseball, and it’s taken years for that to even begin to recover. I can only imagine what it would do to this team’s now slightly deminished fan base.