possible variations?

Been thinking about getting inked. The hardest part is always the design. I already want to to “alchemist” in kanji, even if kanji is overdone in tats. That still a part of who I am, though.

Second I’d kind of like something to represent Renee and the boys – the biggest part of who I am now. That’s the really hard one.

Well, that and deciding where & when to get it done. I have no idea on how much it’ll cost, either.

And then a sudden recurrence – over the last few days, I’ve again considered getting my nipples pierced. Looking at the target, though, there’s not much to pierce. My poor tiny near-useless man-nips. I’ll probably pass on that. At least, until Jacob is old enough not to want to grab everything shiny he sees *OW*

Hungry. Must find a snack. or maybe just fill up on water.

21 Responses to possible variations?

1. psychomagnet says:

Believe it or not, there is a group at Rex Hospital (and probably at many others) that keeps a list of which places comply with all the health requirements and which ones exceed them. When Lynn and I, a long time ago, got ours, it was only after she’d done extensive research on where and who. We ended up at the parlor on Western Blvd, right there where all those roads intersect near Big Ape Gym. It’s been there forever.

I got a total freak (Scott with a whopping three teeth) doing mine, but he drew well and I didn’t have any complications afterward. Well, none other than the emotional scarring from his showing off to me the tatoo work he’d been doing on himself…and he explained he had to be HARD to let me appreciate all the intricate detail. *ick*

2. badger says:

Blue Flame on Hillsborough St. Nice guys, good work. Highly recommended. Close to your work.

I know where that place is. Good to hear it’s reputable. but…

OOOOOWWWWWWWIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. And a little ick, but mostly owieowieowie. In order for the details to be there in that state he’d have had to….urgh. Thankfully my brain is blocking the rest of *THAT* concept out right now.

I’ve seen their work, so I knew the art was good. The extra reccomendations don’t hurt.

5. moonfl0wer says:

having gotten work at many of the shops around town, i cannot more highly recommend tattoo zoo. i have friends working at other places that are very good, and can definitely tell you good things about several shops…but the tattoo zoo guys are genuinely nice. there are only 2 inkers there, both very talented artists–and there is *no* attitude. it makes such a difference. if you do end up going, tell them i sent you. :)

6. jay says:

short ones in a tall font…

hex: 616c6368656d697374

maybe around your wrist under where your watch would be in a cool font…

binary: 01100001 01101100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01101101 01101001 01110011 01110100

I’ve never really considered getting any body modifications.

7. psychomagnet says:

Sooooo not worth the free tat.

Dragonfly, bamboo, all wrinkled up on about 4″ of flaccid “manhood”. I will NEVER be able to put that out of my mind, or his yanking on it hoping to impress.

8. murriel says:

You know, I’ve been seriously considering getting a tattoo for a long time and I have a milestone birthday coming up so it makes sense to get one. I even have a design in mind, but like you the hard thing is trying to figure out where to go to get one. So you know I’ll keep checking out your journal to see what people say *wink* Do you have any idea of how much they cost?

9. ryeth says:

The shop on Western is Warlocks, which is where I got my back piece done. If you go there, I’d suggest Ernie – and tell him that Nikki sent you (my old stage name.) He did an amazing job on my back & is very talented, and yes they’ve been around *forever*

And yay to men with pierced nipples (my preference is for only one being pierced.) I just think it’s damn sexy – hehe…. but that’s just my opinion :) You did have me giggling last night about your near useless man-nips though. LOL. I will warn you though that it does take quite awhile to heal and can be pretty sore till they are healed. In case you didn’t guess that.

Doesn’t hurt that the *FIRST* pic int he piercing gallery is you :)

Hex would look too much like a Holocost number. I’d rather not belittle that.

The wrist idea is not a bad thought. I’ve also thought about putting renee under my wedding band, but the sumbitch won’t come off, so that’s right out.

So far, Warlock’s & Blue Flame are the two I’m leaning towards. OTOH, I’ll have to schedule the healing period around our beach vacation – I’d hate to ahve to stay out of the ocean & pool and off the waterslide with the kids.

About the only thing a man’s nipples are good for is sexual stimulation and pain. Unfortuately, Jacob also wants to use mine as handles. So no rings until he’s over that stage. :)

It just sunk in that I didn’t know you had a tat. And that it might be impolite to ask to see it at some point. *grin*

14. psychomagnet says:

Yep, it’s not large and not exactly in a spot I’d show just anyone. Have earned some beads for flashing it from time to time.

Adam informed me yesterday, while I was helping Dylan try on some shoes, that my wine glass was showing out the top of my jeans. If it was showing, so was half my ass, I’m guessing.

Yeah, I figured. it was either there or someplace around the bikini line. Given your experience, the bikini line is right out :)

(and now, for the obligatory “give Donna shit moment”)
    Did you at least get a good discount on the shoes, or was the salesperson unimpressed? *smirk*

16. deviant_ says:

FWIW, Archie over there did a good job on some piercings for a friend of mine.

17. psychomagnet says:

SRI Warehouse, no extra discounts there. I’m not above “working it” if I think it’ll get me anywhere. I’m taking it as a compliment that you think I’d be able to pull it off.

18. ryeth says:

Yeah, pools would be bad – ocean pretty much gaurentees an infection. I’d definitely wait until after your trip!

You and Renee – neither one wants to admit just how good they actually look.

I dunno about getting things at SRI, but I bet you could have made good elsewhere.

20. akiko says:

I’m a big fan of Dogstar on 9th St. T has done 2 of my piercings, both of which are in more … intimate places. (dogstartattoo.com i think)

As a side note, you can get nipples pierced with regular straight barbells.

Barbells would work if the little rat didn’t just grab whatever he could and use it as handles. I keep tlling him, I don’t have what he’s trying to grab ahold of, but it doesn’t stop him from putting his full wieght on my chest-hairs.