Notes to self

– watch your back a little better
– be a better judge of who to trust and who not to trust
– build some alliances with the people who matter, not just the ones you deal with day-to-day

15 Responses to Notes to self

1. fractalmind says:

this doesn’t sound good at all…

i hope all is well. :|

it’s all about damage control.

And I think Sales is all about politics. Sure, it’s about money, but it’s the single most political thing I’ve ever worked in.

3. psychomagnet says:

Realizations are horrible things, because they slap some reality into your face when you don’t expect it.

Sales is like that. God, I miss sales, being in the mix and the thrill of the kill, but the kind of slime it attracts can make it all too annoying to tolerate.

4. fractalmind says:

sales is definitely political…

you seem to be doing well though job wise. :)

business these days, and in this economy, is a game of who can one up who first. my recruiter got me into an interview, i was to meet with the veep to discuss salaries and end up spending an hour justifying why they should hire me and not an MBA. guess who sent them the MBA? my recruiter. why? because 8% of 120k is more than 62k…

gah, its a dog eats dog world… :|

Ain’t that the truth. Like “Trust next to no one”

SAles is interesting. It takes a very special personality to succeed in sales, and it’s all about the thrill. I’ve very surprised at some of the people I’ve encountered in this group, and trying to fid the common thread that drives them is difficult.

But good gods, some days I can’t wait for my time in sales to be done, so I don’t have to spend 3 out of four weeks watching my back.

Ain’t that the truth. I had really hoped, though, that things over here wouldn’t be so…educational, as it were.

Oh well. Live, learn. Adapt, Adjust, Conquer.

7. psychomagnet says:

So…when’s lunch? Sounds like we should chat, and enjoy some non-drama sushi.

Today? Let’s see – I need to go by the CFCU in a bad way, and otherwise haven’t fixed anything in stone yet.

You want to go today? I can probably arrange that. As long as I can deposit this check today.

9. psychomagnet says:

Today’s no good. I’m home with a pretty bad cold. Wouldn’t be able to taste anything even if I did venture out for food.

Next week Wed, Thu and Fri are open.

Weds & Thu looks good. Your turn to pick the venue.

And be glad – don’t the kids have school Monday to make up a snow day?

11. psychomagnet says:

My kids will be at the beach with their dad, regadless of the snow day schedule change. I can’t believe they’re adding days, when all they do during the time is watch videos and waste it on time-killing activities. If they’re going to inconvenience us with make-up days, at least do something productive with them. *bleh*

I’ll pick Thursday. Are you in the park? Have you eaten at Asahi (off 54, near where Aviation crosses it)?

12. psychomagnet says:

I meant Asuka.

I was about to say…

No, I’ve not been to Asuka just yet. Aviation and 54? Do-able. Totally. I’m putting it on my calendar/palm. Time?

14. psychomagnet says:

Flexible on Thursdays. I’ll leave it up to you.

No problem. Right now I’ve got noon in my palm, but that can be modified as the week plays out.