here here

Well, that should add some fuel to the fire. i hate it when I ahve to get sales-y on the TriLUG list, but it happens. To be honest, though, I’m about to un-subscribe, since there’s only so much “Red Hat Sux!” that i can take (including the times before I got this job).

Made all but one of my Go moves (yes, the game you and I are playing, ), so it’s off to watch Punk’d until Harvey Birdman comes on. Or maybe to read a little. I’ve not read fiction in a while. hell, I’ve not *READ* in a while….

11 Responses to here here

1. jay says:

It still amazes me what people will post to a technical list. Mailing list archives live for a long time. Hiring managers can use google for free research on anyone.

2. spot says:

Red Hat sux! They aer the microsoft of lunix!

It used to bother me a lot more than it does now.

3. ratnix says:

Whoever it was that said, a few weeks ago, that the TriLUG list was so great because it was freeform and had character and etc… remind me to add them to the set of people on that list that need a boot to the head.

We need a new .sig on the FAQ. “Your favorite distribution, editor, MTA, desktop manager, and mail client? We don’t want to hear it. They all suck. And we don’t need you quoting Ben Franklin or Monty Python or talking about the DMCA or Microsoft or how long you’ve used any piece of software. You have no penis to wave around on these issues. Shut up.”

4. elliot says:

Yea….Theres seems to be far to much noise in the TriLUG list.

5. deviant_ says:

Indeed. On the same note, more than a couple of resumes I’ve dog-eared because of CPAN queries.

6. deviant_ says:

I understand. I’ve messed the game up so much that it’s hard to figure out which part of my ass you want to put your foot on.

Hahahahahaha. That and “don’t feed the trolls”

of course, I *ALMOST* didn’t answer the “I’ve bene running unix longer than…” jab, but I couldn’t help myself. I just couldn’t.

it flares up, it dies down. I am, however, having fun knowing I’m not the poor bastard who has to fix things if/when/before it all goes to shit….

The hard part isn’t figuring that out – it’s how to do it and not get myself into trouble because of all the other weird shit you’ve done.

One of these days we’ll need to sit in front of a real table and give it a try. Right after I build the 13×13 and 9×9 covers for the big board.

10. clubjuggler says:

Actually, I’d love to have that in the FAQ. Write it up, send it to me (lovelace at trilug dot org) and I’ll add it to the FAQ since I’m the maintainer. :-)

11. clubjuggler says:

Well, luckily, that doesn’t happen often (since if it’s a hardware or software issue, I have to do it now). But, just because I’ve now posted this, I’m sure I’ll wake up tomorrow morning to find all the systems have been completely fubared. :-)