Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Read the entire novel today. Finished it just a moment ago, as a matter of fact.

I’m not going to spoil it for anyone, but oh, damn, how can you do that to us Rowling? How the HELL am I supposed to wait for the next one now?

7 Responses to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

1. akiko says:

Me too. Only took me about 7 hours.

Holy. shit. She is evil.

2. gukacayuga says:

You read fast! I’m thinking the conspicuous lack of posts this weekend means everyone has their noses buried in the book (except me, and I refuse to read them just to piss off the people who keep telling me to read them)

Anyway,, welcome back to the real world. Hope the book was awesome!

3. gukacayuga says:

She’s not really evil.. she just has good business sense. Supply and demand.

4. susan_z says:

Yeah. Damn.

Hopefully, we won’t have to wait too long for the last one. i know i was nearly stomping my little foot in frustration — “But what happens NEXT??!!”

5. dr_scholl says:

I saw an interview with her on Dateline last night – she’s already writing the last one. :D

Unfortunately she has NOT made any provisions if she should get hit by a bus or something… she said she doesn’t want anyone else writing the books.

I think she could at least put an outline of the major plot points into a safety deposit box or something :/

6. apathychild says:

Yeah, I just finished it about half an hour ago myself, and have been walking around the house in a daze for most of the time since. I haven’t been this annoyed about reaching the end of a book since the end of Stephen King’s Song of Susannah. (Speaking of authors not making any provisions for finishing seven-book series if they get hit by cars…!)

But to the person who was worried about that — in all seriousness, I hear Rowling’s already written the last chapter of the last book and does, in fact, have it in a safe somewhere. If the unthinkable happened, my bet is they’d release as much as she’d written, and the last chapter, and link the two parts together with “working notes” in the middle. I’ve seen a couple done that way now. (Trust me, I know publishers, and I think it’s safe to say that at this point they’d get some version of the last book out there no matter what means they had to resort to.)

Anyway, yeah, this might have to replace Prisoner of Azkaban in my estimation as the best book of the series. Wow.

7. h_postmortemus says:

Go ahead and spoil it for me. I’ve never read any of the books…

(Probably won’t ever bother to do so, though I may consider it once all the books are out).