Getting the message

So on Saturday I did an elaborate backup, reset/restore on my iPod because it was misbehaving. If that hadn’t fixed it, I would have been in the apple store getting it replaced *AND* financing a powerbook.

Yesterday my phone fubared. SO today I do an elaborate backup, reset/restore and so far it’s working great. If that hadn’t worked, I’d be at the Verizon store getting it replaced, probably with a new Treo 650 that I’d have pay for (’cause they’ll certainly FedEx me a new Kyocera again otherwise).

So I say to the universe at large: “I get the message, you dn’t want me to spend big bucks right now. Please stop making my stuff stop working.”

6 Responses to Getting the message

1. h_postmortemus says:

If your Kyocera really does die, I’ve got a spare lying around. Which I think kinda works. So we can canablize parts and make a new, stronger, more powerful Big-Ass PDA Phone. :)

UNless it’s a 7135, the possibility of a franken-pda-phone would make it almost a requirement. On the other hand, I now have the 6 Million Dollar Man intro in my head : “We can rebuild him. We have the technology. […] Better than he was before. Better . . . stronger . . . faster.”

In actuality, this is my third phone in this model. I’ve had 2 replacements on it in the last 2 years, and I’m about done. If it dies, I’m going for a new phone that doesn’t shit itself semi-regularly, and isn’t quite as fragile.

3. h_postmortemus says:

Yes, it’s a 7135.

Have you still got the 7135, is the screen any good on it, and how can I get it from you?

5. h_postmortemus says:

Yes, yes and you’ll need to come get it because I’m not driving to another freaking county at these gas prices. :)

You can either stop by my house some evening or my workplace. Or hey, we could meet for lunch.

You should have my e-mail address.

Yeah, I didn’t expect you to bring it to me. I’m not that big of an asshole. *grin*

I’ll drop you a note in the next few days. I figure I’ll go to the store on Saturday and see if they can hook me up first.