And in other news

No feedback in public, no public discussion, because that’s a bad idea, as highlighted in the media of late.

Now:

Political is the best feel I’ve gotten for reasons. I pretty much thought it was inevitable when things started, and am not 100% surprised. This explains my feelings of “something being off” all week. Of course, as usual, it was directed at the wrong thing being wrong.

Well shit.

Money is an issue, I was already just starting to get out of paycheck-to-paycheck mode, so that sucks. They owe me some bank – my bonus for this past quarter, my ESPP contributions, and some leftover PTO. Well see how many teeth I need to pull to get it.

Resume is Here if you happen to know of an opportunity. Please tell me before spreading my resume around.

I’ll document the whole day later. I need to unwind.

Edit: fixed the cut. I’m a tard today :)

19 Responses to And in other news

1. detritus says:

!!!!

Let me or jason know if we can do anything.

2. z_kungfu says:

I’m keeping my eyes out for you… and don’t forget the mail on neverwhere will work for you as well ;)

3. dr_scholl says:

This news sucks, but I’m sure you’ll find something soon enough. If I hear anything I’ll let you know.

LJ mail is actually sent to neverwhere. I’m just using the lj mail addy as a public facing for now, so RHAT people who read the public side know where to send it.

(without adding the neverwhere mail to spammers databases…)

Well, I’m certainly more interested in what I can get to pay the bills (and cobra for now) versus what might be a good fit with equal or better comp….

6. measured_chaos says:

I’m sorry to hear this. If there is anything I can do…

I’ll nudge Jason. His company is hiring but I am not sure for what…

7. badger says:

Since I’m actively looking as of last Wednesday, I’m seeing things. If I run across something that’s a better fit for you than me I’ll let you know.

8. ovrclokd says:

if they let you go in any manner that’s conducive to it, go sign up for unemployment now. don’t make the mistake i made of waiting to do it & missing out on 3 weeks of $$. it’s decent money, and you paid for it upfront anyway…

9. susan_z says:

Damn. Other folks will be more likely to have good leads for you, job-wise, but i just wanted to say “i’m sorry. That sucks. Rat bastards.”

Well, I was fired, not laid off. I don’t know if there is an offical cause or not.

Benefits terminated as of today, cobra paperwork on the way.

I’m going to the unemplyment office on Wednesday. Taking tomorrow and friday “off” and then tuesday will be nuts there with the holiday on Monday. I hope like hell thye don’t make me take the damn classes I hear about. UNless I make more that way.

11. gardenwaltz says:

Look here and send me a copy of your resume if anything looks like a good match:

my workplace

the benefits are absolutely unbelievable and it is a friendly workplace.

12. blondie2 says:

That really sucks!

Hang in there – you’re bound to find something soon.

13. meiow says:

It wasn’t that long ago for me… I know some of the feelings you’re going through. **hugs**

I know this sounds lame, but try to think of this as an opportunity – you weren’t that fond of the job, IIRC, and this is the world’s way of *making* you find something better. I know it ended up being the best thing for me, at least.

I liked the job, I hated the p[olitics and the bullshit. And this si a great chance to find something new – I was burning out anyway.

Head high, and unemployment filing tomorrow!

15. moonfl0wer says:

dammit. fuckers. i’m so sorry. :(

i’m going to miss our monthly visits–we’ll have to make a more concerted effort to hang out now!!

that place has been making you miserable, it seemed, for a while now. i hope that this leads to something better. i’ll of course keep my ears open, but i’m not exactly in those channels anymore…

16. clubjuggler says:

Holy sh*t! I leave for a week and all hell breaks loose. Man, I’m really sorry. If I see anything at all I’ll let you know. What kinds of things are you looking for? Still going to stay with SE or are you thinking of getting back into some kind of programming or admin stuff?

Dunno. I kinda like sales money but not sales bullshit. Sysadmin would be OK< except truth is you're a bitch. I have some interesting leads I'm following up on, so we'll see.

Do you actually get to ride on trains? For that alone, I might do it for my little train nut *grin*

19. gardenwaltz says:

Strangely enough, no train rides – not even a discount on Amtrak. it is the oddest company to describe, but basically we’re a train company with no tracks or trains.