Better living at the EPA Day 1

Started the new job today. Should be interesting, challenging, and a stress level that doesn’t make my shoulders hurt. And I can wear my Chucks to work wihout it being a big deal!

It’s going to take some adjusting, that’s for sure.

Tomorrow I start bringing in my desk stull a little at a time. MWAHAHAHA.

*ahem*

Did I mention that the constant pain in my left shoulder ahd almost gone away over the last two weeks? Was it that I stole R’s good pillow or the stress? Or both?

Right. As soon as thsi scan of the WoW AH ends, I’m calling it a night.Sleepytime for me.

9 Responses to Better living at the EPA Day 1

1. frijole says:

holy crap i’ve been out of IRC for way too long.

awesomeness man, congrats!

2. gukacayuga says:

You’re working for the EPA! How COOL is that?! Gratz on the new job! Hope it’s awesome ;)

3. psychomagnet says:

Might Kev be closer to me now? I’m near the intersection of Alexander and Cornwallis.

…I’m just down Alexander, across the street from Sumitomo and the old EPA building.

We may actually be able todo lunch without a major hassle form either one of us. Or picnic with our respective brown bags… ;)

5. psychomagnet says:

I think it’s fate you’re back in RTP.

No all-u-can-eat sushi bars around here, that I know of, but plenty of other reasonable geekified establishments. What might you be able to handle?

I can handle just about anyplace reasonable. I like so many places here, and a lot of it fits into my budget, it’s almost insane.

Tomorrow is a brownbag day, due to concalls and meetings. Whee.

What are your choices?

7. psychomagnet says:

My favorites are

Sara’s Empanadas
    Sal’s Pizzeria
    Asuka (although that’s FAR from reasonable)
    Con Fusion (the lunch boxes are good, even if it does smell reeeeeeeally fishy in there)
    El Rodeo…El Dorado…whatever the f*ck that Mexican place on 55 is called

And the list goes on and on. Truth be told, I just love to eat.

I’m free Thu, Fri this week, and Tue, Wed, Thu next week.

8. jpportz says:

Congrats on the joerb! What kind of work will you be doing for the EPA?

My father often works with the EPA on contracts (he is an engineer with RTI), so I’ve heard lots of interesting stories, but not many of them related to Linux.

9. z_kungfu says:

I guess I could take a trip to the Apple Store and hit lunch with you one day…. Jay tells me there’s a Hooters in RTP now… :)