Adjusting

So I’m starting to get settled into the EPA routine. Had a moment of
panic yesterday when I left after 8 1/2 hours. See, I forgot to stop
by my boss’s Desk and tell her I was on my way out.

*gasp* The HORROR!

What if someone needed me and couldn’t find me! What if the big boss
wonders through? Won’t she be upset? What if….wait, wait, those days
are over (I sincerely hope).

Tuesday and Wednesday I only wore t-shirts. AND NOBODY CARES. And today is
the flame chucks, carpenter jeans, Race for the cure T and (*gasp*) my
No Fear button down…UNBUTTONED.

It will take some time, I think, to recover from the unique
environment I had in my last job. This is REALLY taking some getting
used to…..

In other news, I really need to get speakers for my desk.

20 Responses to Adjusting

1. measured_chaos says:

You sound a lot happier and freer than you have been in a long time. Change is hard and painful and sucks ass but it often gets us to a better place. I’m happy for you.

And really at some point we need to get the kids together and the adults together and hang out. I’ve been home for over a year now, have dealt with the liver issue, the Chuck issue and the job issue. That leaves me one last issue to deal with and then I want to get life on track. That includes hanging out with friends, especially my old and dear ones. So damnit, we’re hanging out. Okay? :P

2. bitslapper says:

That leaves me one last issue to deal with…
    um… should i be on the lookout for bubba? remember, i don’t have any life insurance yet… ;)

3. katuah says:

we are our own special kind of “unique environment.” however, it is the kind of unique that can be very comfortable, like an old shoe.

your biggest hazard here: goose poop in the parking lot.

4. measured_chaos says:

Pfft. If I got rid of you who would I harrass torment get to take out my garbage… okay I’m drawing a blank here. Maybe you’re not so necessary. ;)

5. bitslapper says:

i’m tickled that things are working out for you over there… you already “sound” much more at ease… and that’s a good thing™

6. bitslapper says:

yeah, okay… *YOU* get the tub of christmas ornaments out of the attic… :P

7. measured_chaos says:

Six years of doing your laundry means I still get attic help. It’s in the divorce papers. Swear to god!

8. fuzz3 says:

Awesome. That’s always a good feeling.

9. bitslapper says:

so, i guess, if you’re still claiming attic help, i’m *not* the last issue you need to tie up? all you hadda do was SAY that, y’know… :P

10. measured_chaos says:

What? And miss bickering with you in someone else’s livejournal?

Oh Christ Jays, you know me way better than that!

No, Monday. Monday is the start to clearing up the last issue. Goob.

11. bitslapper says:

aaaaaaaaah, *that* last issue… yeah… i’m still gonna be on the lookout for bubba, though… :P

hey kev, you don’t mind that we bicker in your journal, do you? ;)

12. measured_chaos says:

“hey kev, you don’t mind that we bicker in your journal, do you? ;)”

Hrm… Maybe this is why he doesn’t hang out with us anymore!?!?! :\

13. bitslapper says:

Hrm… Maybe this is why he doesn’t hang out with us anymore!?!?! :\
    man, i HOPE that’s not it… here, i thought it was ’cause i smelled…

14. measured_chaos says:

No, you’re right. It is probably because you smell.

15. bitslapper says:

but i showered today, honest!!

16. detritus says:

I’ve heard those EPA geese are kinda sassy. They’ll come after you.

No, not at all. it’s brinign a little color into a day filled with manuals, procedures, and documentation.

And no, at last check you didn’t smell. At least not in a way that manly-men mind.

Yeah. working the paranoia out of my system is a bit of a challenge. I’m starting on a whole theory of breakdowns and burnout I’ll ahve to write out once I get it a bit more completed.

And it’s odd to be the “low man” on the totem pole – something I’ve not been in many, many years. *grin*

I can live with goose poop in the lot, but I’m having goose for dinner if it ends up on my car….

19. bitslapper says:

*chuckles*
    yes, yes… i *do* tend to add colour (unless it’s at the beach, in which case, i just add white)…

right-o… not stinky… rock.