Kitty Update

So my littlest rescue gets spayed today. That’s right , it’s a girl. And has been renamed “Nicole.”

She is disease free and I’ve already got a potential home for her, so I just have to foster & socialize her a bit. Poor litte thing will probably be terrified, but I have a lot of hope.

8 Responses to Kitty Update

1. psychomagnet says:

Darling Nikki…outrageous and scandalous, just like in the Prince song. How appropriate for our little bundle of ferocity.

I didn’t want to bug you about the kitty and such when I knew you had so much else going on, so I’m glad you updated here! It’s a relief to know she’s in good hands.

As for us, we fell in love with the General Store, and the kids can’t wait to come back. Whenever you, Jake and Ray feel the gluttonous need for waffles, pastries and all the indulgences offered there, you let us know.

I thought y’all would like an update. The boys seemed pretty concerned about her.

The GSC is great. And if you through brunch was good, you shoudl come abck for dinner or lunch proper. They also have Free WiFi.

I’m sure we’ll drum up an excuse to go there soon enough. It’s been a while since we’ve gone after church on Sunday – which is one of the reasons J wanted to go so badly…

When did Adam get so TALL??

3. psychomagnet says:

HA HA

Because I don’t have a camera — is generously hooking me up with one soon — I haven’t been able to update. In a blink they became men.

But not just men — they are both huge:

Adam is only 11 years old, but he just soared past 5′, and weighs about 115 pounds. He is shaving AND wearing deoderant now, both necessities, which I find disturbing.

Dylan is 13, and has been big for a while, but he’s well over 6′ and pushing 250 pounds. Seriously, the last khakis I bought him, for his school uniform, were W40 L34…and they’re barely long enough.

I kinda like how petite I feel around them. ;) But feeding them adequately is unbelievably difficult. I cannot manage to keep milk, ketchup, sodas or any snack foods stocked in the house. I can only shop in bulk these days, and it’s still not enough.

4. detritus says:

Holy crap, those kids are huge.

5. psychomagnet says:

And even more incredible –> the 13 year old is a strict vegetarian.

When he was a baby, his pediatrician was scared the lack of meat might stunt his growth. HA

It’s his choice now, and has been since he was perhaps three, but he’s never wanted it. His brother is nuts for chicken, and I can only imagine what he might look like if he were too.

He must have been in heaven, then because the GSC is very veggie-friendly. Does he do eggs and cheese or is he all the way into the vegan range?

If he does eggs, I *HAVE* to reccomend the Hueevos rancheros at the GSC.

There’s also a co-op up 15-501 that has a cafe that is veggie-friendly.

Did you get a chance to check out Beggar’s Choosers or any of the others stores on Main Street?

7. psychomagnet says:

Oh, he was absolutely thrilled with the place, and made me swear we could come back soon. We ate and ate, and then before we left he spent his own money on a package of fresh-baked bread to bring home. Sold, he was, and in a big way. The boy has no idea how displaced he is in conservative Raleigh in this decade — Chapel Hill, in, say, 1969, would have felt like his perfect home. ;)

Keep bringing the suggestions. And keep in mind he’s all about doing rescue himself once he’s old enough. The boy has declared he wants to be a vet since he was old enough to talk, and it’s only been recently he’s wavered, once he heard vets occasionally have to put a sick pet down. The darling boy knows he doesn’t have the stomach for it.

Well, when you’re ready to give up the hussle and bustle of Raleighwood, Pittsboro is here for you. *grin*. I ain’t saying we don’t have problems, but they do seem to be a lot smaller.

Too bad UNC-CH doesn’t have a vet school. Does UNC-A or Appalachan?

(And I didn’t think I’d be able to do it either, until I saw an animal suffering – truely suffering. And then it was almost – ALMOST – easy. Because sometimes it’s the only thing you can do to help.)