New Rescue

Well, she’s angry, she’s scared, and she’s got attitude. Here’s Nicole, who just came home from the vet.

I had to crawl around to get these.

9 Responses to New Rescue

1. clubjuggler says:

Love the picture of the eyes!

How old is she?

2. featherlady_jt says:

Aww! She’s a cutie!

3. detritus says:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

We think she’s about three months old. She’s certainly been on her own for most fo that, and needs a lot of love and patience.

She’s also angry and all claws and teeth now that the drugs have worn off…

6. jujubaba says:

way cool cat. i know the “i just got back from the vet and i dont want to talk to you” look.

7. dr_scholl says:

She’s cutsie – hopefully you can also make her cuddly.

8. akiko says:

My Isis was about 3 months old when I snagged her from the street. It took about 2 weeks for her to be all cuddly, and now she’s 9 and sleeps by my feet every night.

With feral cats, if you get them when they’re still young, they can be socialized pretty easily. Right now, Nicole is probably flipping out because she was at the vet and now she’s in an unfamiliar place that smells of unfamiliar cats…

Yeah. Terry’s reccomendation was “Cage her, feed her, talk to her.”

So…she’s in my computer room hiding. She has food and water and a litter box. I go in every so often with pounce treats and talk to her.

At some point I hope she stops being so defensive when she sees me. I might lock myself in with her for a while tonight so she can get more used to me, and people in general.

I think she’ll do OK at Mom & Dad’s eventually.