In other news

it’s good to be single. House to myself, good friends, good times.

Funny thought – the dark cloud hanging over me for what seems like the last few years has lifted. Only time will tell if this is temporary or not. But I’m gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

10 Responses to In other news

1. cahoozle says:

I’m guessing it will be a permanent cloud lift. After I got the house to myself I found my music was turned up louder and I would dance around the house. It’s funny when you live in that dark cloud for a while you don’t even realize it’s there. Once it’s gone you think to yourself “How did I not see that?”

2. gukacayuga says:

It’s not temporary. Enjoy it. You’ll keep wondering when it’s going to come back but it won’t. Wait until the day you turn around and realize you’re actually feeling happy… now that really feels weird.

3. ladypearl says:

It is good to be single! It’s been 5 months since my last relationship ended and I’m still happy and enjoying life more every day.

hell yeah.

You now what? I missed your wisdom – you always had it, and now I think you have the maturity to match *grin*

not that either of us are *THAT* mature…

Yup. And I think I’ll be single for good long time, just ’cause I don’t really see myself being able to deal with a “permanent” relationship for a loooong time…

Rock and roll. Helps that I’m already comfy in my own skin. That’s key.

7. cahoozle says:

Thank you. I guess I’m more mature than I ever thought I would be (that’s not really saying much *wink*), but I have the grey hair to back it now.

8. gukacayuga says:

I didn’t either. I felt truly secure for the first time in my life, and was beginning to plan my forever single life as Danger Aunt (“Where’s Aunt Guka now, Mom?” ” She’s saving the manatees, rafting the Colorado, planting trees in Yellowstone, etc..ect…”) Even though my financial outlook was decidedly bleak because I had an unfinished college education, I was experiencing hope and making the decisions I’d been hoping to make for years; everything from making the kitchen towels match the potholders to visiting my family whenever I felt like it.

Ha! There is no way you can have grey hair already.

Next time you’re in town we should grab a coffee or something.

YES! That’s it exactly.

And my house is feeling more and more mine every day.