What a day

So…start the day off in a rush ’cause the boys and I are starting off slow. Get Big Man on the Bus, get Little Man to grandpa’s and get me to work.

Migrate my Desktop to the Laptop. I’m now a road warrior again. Huzzah.

Leave early for an eye appointment. Find out that I have something wrong with my left eye, and depending on how it heals, I may or may not be able to wear contacts…ever again. Hey gang, if your contacts are overdue for replacement, do it. I’m just sayin’. Follow up next week, so we’ll see.

Did pick out new frames. Bad pic here :

So while those were being done (I*heart*lenscrafters) I met for lunch where we ate 2-for-1 sushi (HELL YEAH) and discussed everything of note. Aw yeah.

Picked up my glasses, reversed the drop off order to pick up my boys, and headed home. Time to chill, and head BACK out to the School Spring Fair. Games, Hot Dogs, A raffle, and a Silent auction.

The silent auction was for gift baskets. So we look at the beach kit, the gardening one, the movie one…initially I passed on the Chocolate Basket because I thought it was too much CHOCOLATE. Instead I bid on a Lavender bath thing that I’m sure will make a great gift. But after hearing all the Moms talking about how they were gonna put in, I figured I’d take a look…well, it’s not that much, and someone is sure to out-bid me, right?

Guess who all the moms were jealous of at the end of the night? Oh yeah I won them both :

And just so you understand how big that thing is, (and no filler, it’s *ALL* Chocolate products)

Well I *WAS* losing weight….

10 Responses to What a day

1. moonfl0wer says:

er…did you just say “too much chocolate”??????

um. how is that we are friends? ;)

i mean really. is there such a thing??

At first glance, it appeared to be too much. If I pace myself, I may make it last the week.

Seriously, there’s well over 100 full-size candy bars in there, plus the snack size stuff *PLUS* the cake & Brownie mixes.

I have to keep the kids out of it or I’ll be peeling them off the roof.

3. evilgoddess says:

I have to agree with Sami on this one, as there can never be too much Chocolate!!

I dig the spectacles. :) After our conversation today I realized I’m a little over due for an eye appointment, so I will be calling my eye doctor next week.

4. ryeth says:

Nice glasses. Although the glare makes it a little harder to see, they seem to suit you :)

And yay for piles of chocolate. You can freeze some of those bars for later consumption ya know. You are talking to a girl that makes *piles* of brownies and freezes half in individual bags for chocolate cravings. Hehe.

I have to clean out the freezer – maybe that way I can keep the kids from binging.

It’s my own fault, but still – use that work-provided insurance!

I suppose that’s motivation to clean out the chest freezer in the grage this weekend. *grin*

7. murriel says:

You NEVER can have too much chocolate!

But with kids around, I can see why you say that. And that is one HUGE basket of chocolate.

Have fun with it. *grin*

8. susan_z says:

Holy Toledo, that’s a lot of chocolate!

You know, i might be willing to take some of that chocolate off your hands, you know, as a favor. ;)

You are not the first – nor I suspect are you the last – to make that offer. *grin*

Yeah, I need to hide it from them *AND* me.

Riiiight *grin*