something is off…

I am tired and lethargic, constantly exhausted and cannot seem to find motivation to do what needs to be done. Ended up sleeping until almost noon (on and off) after calling in sick, and even then I feel like I need “micro naps” while packing for the camping trip.

Hmmm.

Something is out of whack. I just wish I knew what.

6 Responses to something is off…

1. dr_scholl says:

Must be something in the air, because I’ve been feeling the same exact way all day today. :p I’ve been chalking myself up to some stress from some mother-in-law issues, but I’m not sure that’s all of it.

2. akiko says:

B vitamins? Thyroid? The former is easy enough to figure out: buy a bottle of B-complex vitamins and take one every day and see if it helps after a week. The latter is trickier.

3. wander says:

Been bitten by any ticks lately?

W

4. po_sparky says:

Sounds like depression to me. You can try to fight through it, or get some help. Everyone needs a little help once in a while. Don’t let it get out of hand. You’re going through a lot!

5. evilgoddess says:

Blah. I didn’t know you called out sick today but then again I was sleeping. I hope you feel better soon because I know you are really looking forward to the camping trip. *hugs*

6. apathychild says:

I had a similar thought, but I bet it’s “reaction” more than depression — where you’re so tightly wound for so long that when the stress is finally off, your body decides it’s safe to stop the fight-or-flight reaction and only then do you realize how depleted you are. At least, I finally caught on to this pattern in my life where I was always saying, “But I just got rid of all the stress that should’ve made me sick! Why do I feel rotten now?”

I usually cope by cancelling all non-vital commitments for the next week or so, getting extra sleep when possible, and stocking up on videos and ice cream. ;)