It’s a good day

Sitting on an open wifi at Blast (Where Winners Lose!) in Durham while the kids play, I can tell it’s being a good day.

So far, we’ve had lunch out, the kids are at a birthday party, I bought school supplies, finished the pre-worship keynote for tomorrow, and we’ll be eating dinner and swimming (hot tub for me!) at mom & dad’s later.

Now I just have to figure out why my “oh-shit-something-is-wrong”-spidey-sense is going crazy today.

Right, time to close the laptop….

6 Responses to It’s a good day

1. gukacayuga says:

I know that feeling.. I get it all the time. You’re waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sometimes it doesn’t :D

2. imaginarywishes says:

Sounds like a great day! Just relax and enjoy those moments. Easier said than done, I know. Sometimes my anxiety has me searching for what shadows might be lurking around the next corner..
    So, tell me some of your favorite things to do in NC. Give me some ideas. Although, so far I love NC. A beautiful state:) -E-

Oh, the list is HUGE. So here’s a short list with some kid-friendly activities :

– Drive to the beach for a day
    – Spend a Day at Tweetsie Railroad, and the weekend in Boone
    – Ride the Train in Bonsail
    – Hang at Cup-a-Joe in Raleigh
    – Legends on Monday night in Raleigh
    – Hike parts of the Eno River in Durham
    – Watch the Sunset/Sunrise on Jordan or Kerr Lake

Hell, I just like to get in my car and DRIVE sometimes. So much beautiful space & places around here…

4. anonymous says:

Awesome. Thanks for the list:)
    P.S. I wondered if you happened to have read “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.. a beautiful story & I wondered if that’s where you got your name perhaps? -E-

5. imaginarywishes says:

Didn’t mean to post that anonymously.. it was me:)

I guessed *grin*

No, I’ve never read it. My name is derived from the BBS handle I used in the early 90’s. I’e been using it as an online alias now for over 17 years.