Dad update

For those who didn’t know, Dad had his surgery today. He’s in recovery now, and the surgeon was very pleased with how it went. Thanks to everyone who has expressed their well wishes, prayers, and all that. We really do appreciate it.

And, of course, I left my Cel at home today, so don’t try to call me ;)

9 Responses to Dad update

1. kasheesty says:

I’m glad it went well.

What kind of surgery did he have?
    (sorry if you posted & I missed it. I try to keep up but not always successfully)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Sheila in NJ

Turns out we have some Ulcerative Colitis running in the family and he had to have some of his GI tract removed (about 6-8 in of LI). They were able to do it laproscopically, and the doc said everything else looked healthy while he was in there.

3. mysterwise says:

I’m glad to hear your Dad’s surgery went well.

I hope other things are going well, too. I’ve only read one post of yours so far, but looking forward to reading others now that I see you’re here.

Take care.

-Franklin

4. kasheesty says:

Excellent! As you probably already know, 6-8″ is relatively ‘small’ re: the LI.

And since they used laparoscopy the recovery time should be much quicker!! : )

Oh yeah. The surgeon was very positive about it, and dad looked great when they moved him to his room.

6. kasheesty says:

Sending ++ vibes for a flawless recovery anyway!!

I’m not a religious person but definately spiritual & some extra prayers can’t hurt <3

7. katuah says:

o good!

8. tau_sagittarii says:

Hope all went well.

9. anonymous says:

I am sorry I didn’t know about your father’s surgery until now. I hope all is well with him and he had a speedy recovery. I know how hard it can be having a loved one sick or in the hospital. Especially a parent.