So a quick update on my general health, since that’s been an issue for the last 8-9 months :
- I’ve got my blood sugar levels under control, with a minimum dose of metformin daily and diet. This rocks.
- The tooth I had removed a few weeks back has healed completely. This also rocks, but it has taken some getting used to the missing molar on that side.
- I’ve been three days without smoking. So far, so good.
- I’m down to 184 lbs as of last night. This is UP from my low a few weeks back of 181, but still, some fluctuations are normal. I’ve basically lost 30 lbs, and it’s staying off. Stopping smoking may mean a short-term gain, but I am confident that I’ll lose it again. On a related note, I need a new, smaller belt.
- My intestines and I have come to an agreement, and for now they are not intent on killing me. I REALLY miss spicy food, but I suppose it’s worth it.
So overall? I’m good. I feel great. At some point, my system is going to purge all the crap in my lungs and sinuses, and that’ll SUCK, but it’s worth it.