The two weeks of crazy is now over

I think I’m finally recovered from the last two weeks of hither, thither, and yon.

AnthroCon was a blast, as it always is. Of course, I did get myself into a bit of trouble, as you may have seen On Ursula’s post.[1]


After a brief stop home, I flew to Bellevue, WA for a job interview. The job itself is in NC, but the HQ for the company is out there, and it was easier to fly me there than to fly them here. This also had the happy side effect of being able to have dinner with our friends Tina and Bruce at their awesome home, and breakfast with Ursula’s friend Dave, who is pretty cool in his own right.

In general, I feel the interview went well. More details as I have them.

After the interview, I was on the red-eye home – which sucked, so I’ll do a different schedule next time I fly west – and by Thursday morning was back in the arms of my Ursula. I may not have been coherent (or hydrated), but I was HOME. And then I promptly passed out.

Thursday afternoon I did laundry, and we diagnosed an issue with the upstairs AC unit[2]. Friday I had an interview with another company, and that also seemed to go well. So it looks like things are picking up on the job front, which is NICE, let me tell you.

Yesterday we got back into the “normal routine” which is really, really nice and I REALLY, REALLY missed it. Farmer’s Market at the co-op in the morning, hanging out in the pool at Mom & Dad’s in the evening, and all is right with the world.

It’s good to be back home.

[1] There will be a SparkleKevin gallery, because you all deserve it. And as a penance for inflicting this on you all, I will wear all of the SparkleKevin badges on Sunday at AC2012.

[2] Clogged condensation drain, and the overflow cutoff WORKS, but we have bailed about 6 gallons of water now to keep it running. Hopefully I can get that thing unclogged today, so we can stop bailing.

About Kevin Sonney

Kevin Sonney - who, contrary to popular opinion was NOT raised by wolves - grew up in central North Carolina. He fell into the technology field by accident in 1991, when he gave up the wild and crazy lifestyle of an on-air AM radio DJ to become a mundane technical support monkey. The technology industry has never really recovered from this. Kevin has worked for such names as IBM, Red Hat, webslingerZ, and Lulu Technologies (we won't mention the ones that didn't survive the experience). He currently works as a Linux Administrator for Apptio. In his spare time he rescues stray animals and plays video games with his two sons. His wife, we're sad to say, helps him get past the really hard bits. Kevin is still not very mundane, he just got better at hiding it.
This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.